Klausbruckner & Associates is announcing a new seminar for November 9th 2016. This seminar will provide a detailed overview of the latest fire and building code provisions associated with flammable and combustible liquids in containers and portable tanks. Discussed will be code changes from the 2013 to the 2016 Edition of the California Fire Code (CFC).
The seminar is part of the San Diego Fire Prevention Officers meeting. The public is welcome to attend between 12 pm to 3 pm for the seminar. Cost is $20 per person for members and $25 for non-members.
Topics will include
- Definition of Flammable or Combustible Liquids
- Hazards Associated with Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids Classifications and Exceptions
- Physical Properties that Influence Flammable Liquids (Water Miscibility, Emulsion, Viscosity, Semi-Solid Liquids)
- Control Areas & MAQs (Maximum Allowable Quantities and New Interpretation on Control Areas)
- High Hazard Occupancies (H-Occupancies)
- Formatting of Chapter 57 and How to Maneuver Through Chapter 57 for Containers and Portable Tanks
- Unique Building Code Sections to be Aware of Such as Exhaust, L-Occupancy, Perimeter Walls, Use of Sideyards, etc.
- Quick Overview of Distilleries and Their Unique Challenges
For more event details, please see Section Upcoming Seminars